Deadline for applications: APRIL 27th 2019, 00h00 CET“The arts festival erupting in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean / Walk&Talk programme includes exhibitions, performances, residencies and workshops on a volcanic island"
José da Silva, The ArtNewspapper (UK)
“It is in any case for 15 days an interesting laboratory, a place where a little crazy people gather to experiment and try to create a new relationship to art and culture, high and low, an event that her two young founders turn shortly. Perhaps, in their own disciplines, Avignon and Arles and were in their infancy, maybe in twenty years we will look with amazement and respect anyone who says "I was in Walk and Talk in 2011, 2015"...”
Amateur D’Art par Lunettes Rouges, Le Monde blogs (FR)
"The great Azores work of art is the people. In Walk&Talk festival the culture and knowledge of the Azorean people attribute meaning to the contemporary artistic visions. (...) The fifth edition of the Walk&Talk festival reflected it transparently."
Vítor Belanciano, Público (PT)
“It started as a graffiti festival in the Azores and is now one of Portugal’s most ambitious residency programs and public art projects.”
Javier Díaz-Guardiola, ABC Cultural (ES)
Every year we invite Portuguese and foreign journalists to visit the Walk&Talk - Arts Festival. We are aware of the limitations that journalists and art critics face today to develop their work. The generalist media are giving less and less space to culture and art themes, and in order to keep up with art projects and events happening all over the world, media professionals need to have working conditions and high mobility.
We believe that journalists and critics are central agents of the art system, their work is crucial, from an informational point of view, as well as in the development of knowledge around the arts and in the mediation with different audiences, favouring the sustainability of the practices and of the artistic community.
Winners of previous editions
2018 Zuzana Zimmermannová (sk)
2017 Brittany from Boston (us) Who can apply?
Portuguese or foreign cultural journalists, art writers and critics, working for online or offline magazines, newspapers, radio, television or other types of media.
What do we offer?
- Press trip program for 1 selected journalist/critic to be scheduled between 5-29 July 2019 (maximum 4 nights and 5 day’s trip)
- Flights and accommodation in a hotel with breakfast included, located at Ponta Delgada city, lunch and dinner at Walk&Talk canteen (where all the team, participating artists, curators and guests meet)
- Transfers between the airport of Ponta Delgada and the hotel
- Full access to all Walk&Talk venues and activities during the trip
- Permanent support by the Walk&Talk communication team for in site guidance and visits to the festival’s projects and activities, ongoing around São Miguel Island, documentation and interviews scheduling.
- Walk&Talk press point with daily photo reports, videos and additional documentation on participating artists, projects, activities and festival venues. What do we ask for?
- Availability to travel to Ponta Delgada, São Miguel - Azores.
- Publication of at least 1 article with a minimum of 1000 words about the Walk&Talk Festival.
How to apply?
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
with your application written in Portuguese or English, that must include the following information:
- Short description of the work proposal (one or two paragraphs will do).
- Special needs, if applicable, to do the work, such as interviews with specific artists, sites you need to visit and additional documentation
- The name, type and URL of the media you work for or collaborate with for this specific feature.
- Two texts, articles or other works already published.
- Phone number, address, e-mail and departure airport
- Desirable dates for travel (from July 5 to 20).
- Estimated date for publication of the proposed work or article.
Further information and applications: firstname.lastname@example.org